Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oktoberfest!!!!


Seasonal beers. I love them. And this is the greatest time of year as brewers start to introduce us to their various Oktoberfest Ales, followed by the usual holiday offerings. Which brings me to another one of my top ten beers - I don't rank them 1 through 10, I just have a list of 10 beers that I universally love - Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I actually stockpile this beer when it comes out so I can enjoy it longer than just a few months. I don't like most of Sam Adams' other beers, but this one is perfect. Crisp, Autumny, Oktobery goodness. Pour this one into a glass. Orange, a hint of spice, possibly some cinnamon, and plenty of bubbles. I know that sounds weird, but it's like you can feel the "sparkliness" on your tongue. That good. Drink this one on a cool Fall day, as the leaves start to turn, and a hint of firewood smoke is in the air. Pick up a case of this today, and tomorrow, and the next day, and stockpile some more away. You will thank me.

1 comment: