Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cheap Beer = Good Beer?



Rainier. Olympia. Keystone. Pabst. Cheap beer. But is it good beer? Truthfully, the last time I drank Rainier and Olympia, my friend Jeff and I were sneaking beer into the Senior Party on the Bluff when we graduated from University of Portland. It was absolutely terrible then, and I have no doubt it is absolutely terrible to me now. I doubt I will ever drink it again. The last time I drank a Keystone I was with my next door neighbor who insisted that is was just like Coors Light. Newsflash. It's not. So that brings me to Pabst. I enjoy Pabst. I don't drink it because it's the cool thing to drink at the moment (see picture above.) I buy it because I believe it is the one cheap beer that is pretty good. So here's where I get on my soapbox. The above opinions are just that - opinions. I don't judge anybody by the beer they drink. If you like it, buy it. I get crap all the time for buying Coors Light, but guess what, one hot summer day I got my father-in-law to drink a Coors Light. Do you know what he said? Mmmm. That's pretty good, especially on a hot day after mowing the lawn. Now who keeps some Coors Light in his fridge out in the garage? That's right. He does. Like I've said before, all beer has its place - cheap beer, microbrews, stouts. I personally may not like them all, but it's my blog isn't it, and I still feel that I'm a pretty good judge of what the average guy likes and doesn't like. So here's to Pabst. Buy a sixer and enjoy. By the way, I really only enjoy Coors Light in the can - weird huh?

1 comment:

  1. I judge you for the beer you drink.

    As long as you are hunting wolverines or drinking beer the Pope approves of, you are okay in my book.

    ReplyDelete