Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Widmer Bros. Hefeweizen


1999. University of Portland. Garrett Mecca'a dorm room. Oh yes, I remember when I tossed back my first Widmer Hefeweizen. So golden. So tasty. Every now and then a beer comes along that is perhaps what I consider the perfect beer. This one is absolutely on that list. Needless to say when the sun finally broke through in Spokane, WA this last weekend with the high creeping past 90, I knew what beer I had to turn to - Widmer Bros. Hefeweizen. I grabbed my weizen glass, sliced a lemon, and poured myself a hefe. And then during the day and into the evening I enjoyed several more. I cannot speak any more highly of this golden gem. It is the beer that showed me there was a world beyond the typical domestic light beers (although I do enjoy my Pabst and Coors.) When you truly want to enjoy a great beer, look no further than this incredible beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment