Tuesday, July 19, 2011


Samurai Ale. I'll be honest, the first thing that caught my eye was the name. "Samurai Ale." Awesome. When I bought it, all I could think was that I needed this beer to be good so I could fit it into my regular rotation and tell my friends that I now drink Samurai Ale, and look at me aren't I just so cool right now because I discovered Samurai Ale. I was hoping this beer was great. Well...it's good, but not great. Poor it into a glass. Tell me that doesn't look like a big glass of...well, you get the picture. It does. Maybe this has something to do with it being a rice ale, I don't know, but to me it looked less than appetizing, and perhaps I should have just left it in the bottle. And it kind of smelled like oatmeal with a little corn mixed in. But, damn if it wasn't a hot day and I threw that beer back with abandon. Mmmmm. Good, cold, tasty beer, although the aftertaste was slightly off putting. A nice hot summer day type brew. That's about it. Nothing too special, nothing terribly wrong (except for that color). Samurai Ale. I will purchase you again next summer and try you again. Next week - A Pacific Northwest favorite...

No comments:

Post a Comment